There’s a good reason that sheet-pan dinners are so popular: The technique is such a quick way to make a hearty, satisfying meal, with minimal work, and hardly any dishes! This sheet-pan sausage and cabbage dinner combines autumnal ingredients: your choice of sausage, cabbage and potatoes. Serve on its own, or with any cooked grain, like rice, couscous or quinoa.
Sheet-Pan Sausage and Cabbage Dinner
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 min||30 min||40 min|
- 1 pound turkey sausage, or Italian sausage, or kielbasa
- 1/2 head cabbage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound red potatoes, or russet potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, or 1 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place sausage, cabbage and potatoes in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Add oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Bake, flipping vegetables and sausage halfway through, until vegetables are tender and sausage is golden-brown, or until internal temperature reaches 160°F, about 20-30 minutes.
- Top with parsley (if using) and serve.
Thanks to GIANT Food Stores, which has partnered with PA Eats to help create recipes for our Nourish PA and Nourish PA for Kids series.
- Recipe and photo: Dish Works