Transform a simple spinach salad into something spectacular by making your own dressing with only a few ingredients, including bacon, wine and dried cherries!
Spinach Salad with Warm Cherry Wine Bacon Dressing
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 min||25 min||30 min|
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 cups Pennsylvania cherry wine
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 pound fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup chopped dried apples
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a sauté pan on medium-low heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove from pan, cool and chop.
- Pour cherry wine into pan with bacon grease. Bring to a simmer and reduce for about 15 minutes, or until about a 1/2 cup remains. Add red wine vinegar and dried cherries and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss together spinach, dried apples, eggs and bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Pour warm dressing over salad, toss to combine and then serve immediately.
Recipe and photo by Dish Works.