Looking for a salad that’s anything but boring? Try this fresh spinach salad, punched up with juicy citrus dressing, fresh oranges and crunchy walnuts.
Nourish PA: Spinach Orange Salad with 2-Minute Dressing
*If you don’t have a zester at home, try using the fine side of a cheese grater.
- 1 orange
- 1 clove minced garlic (or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Zest the orange into a large salad bowl.* Cut the orange in half and squeeze juice by hand or with a manual citrus juicer. Add the garlic, olive oil, vinegar, honey, and salt and pepper, to taste. Whisk ingredients together until well-incorporated. Set aside.
- 10-12 ounces fresh spinach leaves, washed
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Add the spinach to the dressing and toss gently to coat in the dressing. Add the orange slices and walnuts and toss again to combine. Serve immediately.
- Recipe: Chlesea Johns
- Video and photo: Dish Works