This recipes is like the answer to a riddle that goes something like, “When is toast not toast?” The answer is, when the “toast” is made of roasted sweet potatoes! This creative, gluten-free recipe swaps slices of these nutrient-dense orange tubers for bread, which are topped with smashed avocado, canned tuna and fried eggs. It’s a protein-rich meal that’s delicious at breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Tuna and Avocado Sweet Potato ‘Toast’
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 min||20 min||25 min|
For a quick tutorial on how to prep an avocado, head here!
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or unsalted butter (divided)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and smashed
- 1 (12-ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley, or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place sweet potato slices on prepared baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Roast until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Crack eggs into skillet and fry, covered, 2-3 minutes for a runny yolk, and 3-5 minutes for a completely set yolk.
- Top sweet potato with avocado, tuna and eggs. Garnish with parsley (if using) and serve.
- Recipe and photo: Dish Works