These sweet, tropical muffins make a tasty breakfast or snack on-the-go! They are soft, tender, and just a touch fruity. Muffins freeze very well, so feel free to wrap up half of the batch of baked muffin in an airtight bag and pop them in the freezer for a rainy day. To warm them back up, heat them up in the oven or toaster oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or microwave them for 30-40 seconds on high.
Vanilla Mango Muffins
|Makes 12 muffins|
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 min||30 min||40 min|
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, or chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, mix milk, sugar, vegetable oil, egg and vanilla together until combined. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir together until just combined. Gently fold mangoes into batter.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each about three-quarters full. Top evenly with almonds (if using).
- Bake until light golden-brown, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes. Invert muffin tin onto cooling rack to release muffins. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Thanks to GIANT Food Stores, which has partnered with PA Eats to help create recipes for our Nourish PA and Nourish PA for Kids series.
- Recipe and photo: Dish Works