Canned chicken noodle soup can be comforting, but there’s often not a lot to it. We take a few cans of soup and add four kinds of veggies (cabbage, carrots, mushrooms and scallions) to boost flavor and nutrition. And because you’re starting with prepared soup, the prep and cooking happens in a flash! Make a batch on a rainy day, or bag some up in freezer bags and save them for a quick meal anytime.
On-The-Go Veggie and Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly grated carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms, such as white button or cremini mushrooms
- 1 green onion, finely sliced (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) can condensed chicken noodle soup
- 1/4 cup water
- In two large canning jars or heat-safe containers with tight sealing lids, divide cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, green onions (if using) and cayenne pepper evenly between jars.
- Add soup and water evenly to each canning jar. Remove lids from jars and microwave on high until heated through, about 2-3 minutes, stirring halfway through. Stir and allow to sit 3 minutes before serving.