Wow your game-day crowd with not only a stocked beer fridge, but also beer-infused snacks! Whip up these hoppy soft pretzels to pair perfectly with a victory for your team.
Victory Brewing Co. Vital IPA-Infused Soft Pretzels
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|210 min||12 min||222 min|
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 can Victory Vital IPA , opened and left at room temperature until flat
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, yeast and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook.
- Add honey, beer and butter to the dry ingredients and mix together on low speed. Once the dough has come together, pour onto a floured surface and knead until the dough springs back when touched, about 2 minutes.
- In a medium-size bowl, coat the inside with about a tablespoon of vegetable oil. Place the dough in the bowl, lightly coat the top with oil and cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Let the dough sit in a warm place for one hour, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Once the dough has risen, cut into 12 portions, roughly 1.5 ounces. Roll each piece until it becomes a long rope.
- To form the pretzel, make a U-shape with the rope. Holding both ends of the rope, cross them over and press onto the bottom of the U. Place the pretzels on the lined baking sheet and place in the freezer until they become lightly frozen, about 2 hours. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a large sauté pan, heat 4 cups of water and the baking soda. Bring the water to a light simmer. Remove the pan from the heat and take the pretzels out of the freezer. Place the pretzels in the baking soda water, working in batches, for about a minute per side. Place the dipped pretzels back on the baking sheet.
- Bake the pretzels for 10 – 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with mustard.
Photos and recipe by Dish Works.