Woo all the loves in your life this Valentine’s Day (and any day of the year!) by whipping up our recipe for chocolate cupcakes infused with Vital IPA from Victory Brewing Company. This powerhouse of an IPA, with its intense notes of stone and tropical fruits, acts as the ideal mate when baking with chocolate. Even better, we’ve developed a beer-flavored frosting because, honestly, isn’t having more beer in your baking always better?
Ready, set … get baking!
Vital IPA-Infused Chocolate Cupcakes
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|15 min||12 min||27 min|
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup Victory Vital IPA, opened and left on the counter until flat
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line cupcake tin with cupcake papers.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter and sugar, and cream together on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Gradually add egg yolks and mix until combined.
- On low speed, add half of the dry ingredients to the egg mixture. Once combined, gradually add beer. Then add remaining dry ingredients to mixture. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg whites and cream of tartar. Whip until soft peaks form.
- Add egg whites to flour mixture and gently fold in, mixing until just combined.
- Portion the batter into prepared pan and bake for 12–14 minutes or until cake springs back when touched.
- Once fully cooled, top with Beer-Flavored Frosting (recipe below) and garnish with sprinkles or chocolate shavings.
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Victory Vital IPA, left at room temperature until flat
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, whip butter until light and fluffy.
- Add 1 cup of powdered sugar and continue mixing until incorporated.
- While mixer is on medium speed, gradually add the beer and vanilla. (The frosting may begin to separate, but it will come back together, so keep mixing.)
- Once the beer and vanilla are incorporated, gradually add in the remaining cup of powdered sugar and whip until light and fluffy.
Recipe and photo by Dish Works.