Turn your favorite childhood recipe into a sophisticated adult treat, with the addition of wine and chocolate!
Black Forest Wine Rice Crispy Treats
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 min||10 min||15 min|
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups mini-marshmallows
- 1/2 cup Pennsylvania cherry wine
- 5 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cherries
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray with cooking oil.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and add wine and cereal. Mix until just combined and marshmallow is distributed.
- Add dried cherries and chocolate chips and mix until fully incorporated. Pour into prepared sheet pan, cover with parchment and chill. Slice and serve.
Recipe and photo by Dish Works.