Step up your game-watching party spread not only by stocking Victory beer in the fridge, but also by splashing cans of Headwaters Ale and Vital IPA into your snacks! This fresh Winter Salad with beer-infused vinaigrette adds a touch of freshness to the indulgence of usual game day snacks.
Winter Salad with Headwaters Dressing
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|15 min||25 min||40 min|
The Winter Salad
- 1 acorn squash, seeds removed and sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) bag spring mix lettuce
- 1 head frisee lettuce
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In large bowl, toss the acorn squash with olive oil and season with salt. Place on a baking sheet in the oven and roast until the squash is soft and golden brown, about 20 minutes. Set the squash aside until ready to prepare the salad.
- To prepare the salad, in a large bowl, toss together the spring mix, frisee, walnuts, cherries and squash. Drizzle the desired amount of dressing on top of the lettuce and toss to combine. Portion the salad and serve.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup Victory Headwaters Ale (drink the rest!)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- In a small sauce pot, on medium heat, add the Headwaters Ale. Bring beer to a simmer and reduce the liquid by half. Once reduced, remove the beer from the heat and let cool.
- In medium bowl, whisk together the beer, Dijon, honey, lemon juice and parsley. Slowly whisk in the oil until the dressing is well combined. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate until ready to use.
Recipe and photo by Dish Works.