Summer is such a hectic time. Busy schedules combined with hot days
makes any time near the kitchen stove unbearable.
This is a quick and inexpensive recipe that I’ve learned to love. Most
of the stuff you probably already have in your pantry.
Except the clams. Learn to love clams.
1/2 box of dry linguini, spaghetti or angel hair pasta
1 onion, chopped
6 cloves garlic, chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
2 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
1/2 teaspoon dry basil
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup dry white wine
1) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add pasta and return water to a boil. Let pasta cook until al dente and drain well.
2) In a skillet, saute the onion and garlic in olive oil. Cook until the onions are translucent.
3) Drain the cans of minced clams, keeping half of the juice.
4) Stir the clams, remaining juice, butter, oregano, basil, salt, pepper and wine. Simmer the mixture on medium-low for 20 minutes or until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
**The key is to let it simmer on low heat. This allows the sauce to thicken up and stick to the pasta.
5) Top the pasta with the clam sauce and serve with a hunk of crusty bread and a summer salad. Oh, and don’t forget the grated cheese.