DURING PHILLY BEER WEEK 2009
PHOENIXVILLE, PA – Main Street Phoenixville has gathered their restaurants and bars together for a one-day Pub Crawl/Meet the Brewer event to be held on Saturday, March 14th from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. The event will give beer-lovers a chance to both sample the latest and greatest brews and meet their creators, all while getting a taste for Phoenixville’s beer scene. Among the brewers participating in the day’s events will be famed Guinness brew master Fergal Murray (see attached photo) as well as Weyerbacher’s Chris Lamp, Flying Fish’s Drew Perry and Southampton’s Spencer Niebuhr.
“We have great restaurants and bars with creative beer lists as well as three local breweries making some of the region’s best beer. This event will give beer-lovers a chance to check them all out, in just one afternoon,” says Barry Cassidy, director of Main Street Phoenixville.
People can visit the following participating Phoenixville venues from 1 p.m.-5 p.m. to sample beers and meet the brewers:
- Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant – (130 E. Bridge Street.): “HEAVY MEDALS.”
Throughout the day, Iron Hill will offer all six of their 2008 Great American Beer Festival medal winning brews. Come by and taste the beers and meet the brewers who created them. Pay as you go.
- Sly Fox Brewhouse & Eatery – (519 Kimberton Road): “Meet the Brewer,” with Sly Fox brew master Brian O’Reilly and Standard Tap owner and former brewer William Reed. The pair will be featuring their collaboration beer-Standard Ale, a 5.6% cask-conditioned brew. Pay as you go.
- Columbia Bar & Grille – (148 E. Bridge Street): “Meet the Brewer,” featuring Lancaster Brewing Company’s, Bill Moore. Pay as you go.
- 101 Bridge – (101 Bridge Street): “Meet the Brewer,” featuring Stoudt’s Brewing Company. Pay as you go.
- Molly Maguire’s Irish Restaurant – (195 Bridge Street): “Meet the Brewer,” featuring Guiness Brewery and Victory Brewing Company. Pay as you go.
- Guinness brew master, Fergal Murray – 1 p.m-3 p.m.
- Victory Brewing Company’s, Bill Covaleski – 3 p.m.-5 p.m.
- Pickering Creek Inn – (37 Bridge Street): “Meet the Brewer,” with Weyerbacher Brewing Company’s, Chris Lampe. Also featuring Southampton Brewery’s, Spencer Neibuhr. Pay as you go.
- PJ Ryan’s – (231 Bridge Street): “Meet the Brewer,” with Flying Fish Brewing Company’s, Drew Perry. Troegs Brewing Company will also be featured. Pay as you go.
- Epicurean Restaurant & Bar – (902 Kimberton Road): “Meet the Brewer,” featuring Yard’s Brewing Company and Dogfish Head Brewery. Pay as you go.
The second annual Philly Beer Week (PBW) 2009 will kickoff on Friday, March 6 at 7 p.m., in the spectacular Comcast Center lobby and Winter Garden (17th and JFK Boulevard) with the Opening Tap, a celebration honoring over 30 regional breweries whose beer help make Philadelphia “the best beer-drinking city in America.” Thereafter, the 500-plus events that comprise PBW 2009 will take place across the city and suburbs. To find more information about these events, please visit www.phillybeerweek.org.