The Fourth of July is a wonderful holiday for so many reasons. When we celebrate the country that we are all so lucky to live in, you know I look forward to the delicious smells of grills firing up tasty summertime food. But, we cannot forget the breathtaking, heart-skipping, sights and sounds of fireworks!
Thanks to our friends at www.chestercountyfireworks.com residents of Chester County can take the guesswork out of the wheres, whats and whens of all the Chester County Fourth of July firework displays. The following is a listing from chestercountyfireworks.com, but be sure to visit them online to get all the exciting details of the celebrations closest to you!
Friday, July 2, 2010
- United Sports Training Center, Downingtown. Events start at 5 p.m. and include performances by Downingtown School of Rock. FREE.
- 1426 Marshallton Thorndale Rd, Downingtown Pa. (610) 466.9744
Saturday, July 3, 2010
- Ludwig’s Corner Horse Grounds hosted by Ludwigs Corner Fire Company at Dark. Free but a ‘donation’ to park is appreciated. (Rain date: July 10)
Downingtown Good Neighbor Day. Fireworks at 9:30 PM with entertainment all day at Kerr Park on Pennsylvania Avenue. FREE.
- Crowd avoidance tip from Chestercountyfireworks.com, “You can see Kerr Park fireworks from the CCIU!”
- Nottingham County Park Freedom Fest, Concert & Fireworks. Fireworks begin at about 9:45 p.m. $10 parking fee at the park and Herr’s Corporate Center with shuttles from parking areas. Events start at 5 p.m. (Rain date: July 4)
Sunday, July 4th 2010
- Tredyffrin Township Annual 4th of July Celebration. Fireworks at dusk. Joe Biaone Jazz Ensemble – 7 to 9 p.m. Chesterbrook Pa. FREE.
- 2nd Annual Philadelphia Area Idiotarod and Phoenixville Fireworks, Phoenixville, Pa. 4 to 9:45 p.m. Shopping cart races followed by fireworks.
- Longwood Gardens Founder’s Favorites 9:15 p.m. Admission fees apply.
- Whitford Country Club, Exton, Pa. – Dusk. A private country club up on the hill. Tip from Chestercountyfireworks.com “We’ve been told you can see the fireworks from the Jeff D’Ambrosio car dealership parking lot below or the Lowe’s parking lot, if you don’t mind tons of light pollution.”
- Chester Valley Golf Club, Malvern, Pa. – Dusk. Private country club event but they say you can watch in your car from Great Valley School District parking lot on Church Road.
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Uwchlan Township Community Day, Music, games, food and promised “fun for all.” The self-proclaimed “Best Fireworks in Chester County,” FREE.
- Lionville Park, Devon Drive, Exton, Pa.
- Celebrate Coatesville, Fireworks at 9/dusk following a day of kids’ events. FREE.
- Norco Fire Company Fair, 10:30 p.m. Pottstown, Pa. FREE.
- 144 W. Schuylkill Road, Pottstown, Pa. 19465 (610) 323-3263
- Longwood Gardens Ladies & Gentlemen, The Beatles 9:15 p.m., Admission fees apply.
Sunday, July 11, 2010
- Miller Park, Exton, Pa. 7:15 p.m. concert followed by 9:30 p.m. fireworks. FREE.
- Brandywine Picnic Park, Fireworks at dusk. Admission fee, but may be some good “free” viewing spots in the area.