A brand new brewery recently hit the taps in some Philadelphia area bars: Wrong Crowd Beer Company. The Bryn Mawr-based nano-brewery was started by longtime home brewers and friends, Dan Shaw and Robert Bagonis. Beer savvy folks from the area may recognize Shaw’s name from his many years running Pinocchio’s Beer Garden To Go in Media.
When asked about the style of beers that Wrong Crowd Beer Company is producing Shaw shares, “We are focusing on hop-forward American ales, as well as some Belgian-style and sour ales.” For now, the brewery is not open to the public, but Wrong Crowd is shipping their beer out to area tap rooms. The first beers on tap at local bars included a saison, a double IPA, a coffee pale ale and a rhubarb saison.
Look for beers from Wrong Crowd on tap at the following locations:
- Pinocchio’s Beer Garden (Media)
- Side Bar & Restaurant (West Chester)
- Strangelove’s (Philadelphia)
- Memphis Tap Room (Philadelphia)
- American Sardine Bar (Philadelphia)
- South Philly Tap Room (Philadelphia)
- Station Tap Room (Downingtown)
- Craft Beer Store (Springfield)
Shaw hints that Wrong Crowd will be expanding to other accounts soon with upcoming batches of beer, so stay tuned for details.
The Wrong Crowd Beer Company doesn’t have a website yet, but follow along on Facebook for information on where to find their beers on tap.
- Photo: Wrong Crowd Beer Company
- Feature Photo: Alexandra Whitney