Quinoa is an ancient grain and superfood that shines in all kinds of dishes: entrees, stews, fritters and more. Added to a seasonal salad, quinoa brings protein, vitamins and minerals and great texture.
For example: our chardonnay-infused quinoa salad with butternut squash and radicchio is a flavorful feast, chock full of local veggies and flavorful quinoa simmered in local chardonnay. This is the perfect hearty dish for a cool autumn evening!
Chardonnay-Infused Quinoa Salad with Butternut Squash and Radicchio
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|20 min||50 min||70 min|
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced small
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- 1 (750 ml) bottle Pennsylvania Chardonnay, divided
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 small head radicchio, thinly sliced
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- On a baking sheet, place butternut squash in an even layer. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast about 30 minutes, until soft and golden brown.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 2 cups of water and 2 cups of chardonnay. Bring to a boil. Add quinoa, cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook about 15 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed. Once cooked, fluff with a fork.
- To prepare the dressing, in a small pot over medium heat, bring remaining wine to a simmer and reduce by half. Remove from heat and whisk in remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, radicchio, pomegranate seeds and the chardonnay dressing. Toss and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe and photo by Dish Works.