Strawberry season, which is wonderful but woefully short, means it’s time to buy up those jewel-like beauties and use them in as many ways as you can! We love this riff on traditional salsa, using sweet, juicy Pennsylvania strawberries in place of tomatoes. Shop your local farmers market to find peak-season local strawbs, dress them up with some fresh lime, herbs, and a handful of veggies, and serve with Pretzel Crisps or tortilla chips for a snack that sings of summer.
Local Strawberry Salsa
- 1 pint PA strawberries, hulled and diced
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Snack Factory Pretzel Crisps, Original Flavor, or tortilla chips, for serving
- Combine strawberries, lime juice and zest, jalapeño, shallot and cilantro in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. For best flavor, let sit 30 minutes. Depending on sweetness of strawberries, add honey or agave, to taste.
- Stir and serve with pretzel crisps or chips.