Margarita-lovers are often seeking out that extra-special recipe which goes above and beyond the usual tequila-kissed cocktail.
This kickin’ margarita combines refreshing Cardinal Hollow Winery Jalapeño Wine with tequila, pomegranate juice, sage and a few other tempting ingredients, for a unique and tasty finished product.
Pomegranate, Sage and Jalapeño PA Wine Margarita
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|25 min||min||25 min|
- 4 sprigs fresh sage
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup salt
- 4 limes, zested and juiced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 (500 ml) bottle Cardinal Hollow Winery Jalapeño Wine
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- To make sage syrup, in a small pot combine sage, sugar and 1/3 cup water over medium-high heat and bring to boil. Remove syrup from heat and cool. Discard sage sprigs.
- On a plate, mix salt and lime zest.
- In a large pitcher, stir together lime juice, jalapeño wine, pomegranate juice, tequila and sage syrup.
- Run a lime wedge along the rim of 6 margarita glasses. Turn each glass upside down onto the plate with salt and lime zest. Rub the glass into salt mixture so it sticks to the rim.
- Fill glasses with ice and top with margarita mixture. Garnish with lime wedge.
Recipe and photo by Dish Works.