Looking for an autumnal cocktail to simultaneously warm you up and refresh your palate? Look no further than the Gin & Ginger cocktail from Palmer Distilling. This small craft distillery in Manayunk is known for its Liberty Gin, made from an Old Dutch recipe, using only six classic ingredients: juniper, coriander, angelica, cardamom, lemon peel and grains of paradise. Liberty Gin is distilled over an open flame in a traditional copper pot still. While we often think of gin as a warm-weather spirit, here it blends beautifully with lemons (which are technically in season in the late fall and winter), and rosemary and ginger, two herbs that bring along cozy flavors of fall.
Gin & Ginger Cocktail
- Sprig of fresh rosemary
- A few slices of fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces Palmer’s Liberty Gin
- Ginger beer
- Lemon slices (for garnish)
- Muddle together rosemary, ginger and lemon in a glass.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Add the Palmer’s Liberty Gin and top with a half cup of ginger beer.
- Stir and add lemon slices to garnish.