We love these adorable little Pennsylvania-proud Valentine’s Day snacks, made with two of our favorite iconic local brands (Hershey’s and Snyder’s of Hanover), though you can use any kind of chocolate and pretzel you like! Salty and savory are a perfect pair, whether you need a special treat to tuck into your kid’s lunchbox, or want to surprise your sweetheart with a thoughtful handmade gift (no baking required!).
Making melted chocolate is easier than you might think, and once you’ve got the technique down, there’s no limit to what you can dip in it (we like potato chips and pretzel churros best). Give our recipe a shot, and let us know what else, besides pretzels, you experiment with!
PA Valentine’s Chocolate-Dipped Pretzels
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 min||2 min||12 min|
- 12 ounces Hershey’s semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 2 ounces (about 36) Snyder’s of Hanover mini pretzels
- Valentine’s sprinkles or colored sugar
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Fill a small saucepan with 1 to 2 inches of water and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and place a heatproof bowl on top of saucepan. Add chocolate chips to bowl and stir until melted.
- Coat pretzels with melted chocolate, using two forks to lift pretzels and tap off excess chocolate. Place coated pretzels on baking sheet and sprinkle with Valentine’s sprinkles or sugar immediately. Allow chocolate to harden at room temperature.
- Photos and recipe: Dish Works