Are you a hopeless home cook? Or is someone you know totally incompetent in the kitchen?
Food Network is looking for the most disastrous home cooks around the country to participate in a very different culinary competition show!
This is the opportunity of a lifetime—to work with the best chefs in the country and learn to cook like a professional. Seeking people with a genuine inability to cook, but a need and desire to improve!
* Has your wife told you it was probably better if you ordered take out?
* At the big potluck dinner, are you always asked to “just bring the napkins?”
NOMINATE SOMEONE YOU KNOW
* Is someone you know constantly offering you food that you have to turn down?
* If you know a dad/mom who can’t scramble an egg, a colleague who can’t convince anyone to try their culinary creations, or a guy friend who tries but can’t seem to get it together in the kitchen, this is your chance to get them the help you BOTH need!
See the How to Apply page for more information. We look forward to seeing you at an open call or watching your home video submission!
THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO APPLY:
1. The first way to apply is to send us an e-mail and attend an open casting call.
We will be hosting open casting calls in Philadelphia. Please click on our “Open Call Information” page for dates, specific locations and times. If you plan on attending an open call in one of these cities, please send us an e-mail (see below) with the following information: name, age, the city you’re from, occupation, contact phone number, a recent photograph and a brief summary as to why you or the person you are nominating is disastrous in the kitchen. This is a great way to introduce yourself to the casting team before you meet with them in person.
PHILADELPHIADate: Saturday, April 10, 2010 Time: 9am – 3pm Location: Loews Hotel 1200 Market St. Philadelphia, PA 19107 Email: [email protected]
After you’ve sent the e-mail you can prepare for the open call by bringing the following:
(1) A completed copy of the application, which can be downloaded from our application page (2) A dish cooked by the nominee that represents their best attempt at cooking (3) 2 pictures of the nominee.
2. The second way to apply is to submit a home video.
Please e-mail us at [email protected] for home video instructions.
For more information and for the application click here.