Raise your hand if you’re excited for watermelon season!
We look forward to visiting the watermelon stand at our local farmers’ market each summer to find the ripest, juiciest, most colorful melons. Watermelon is incredibly versatile—you can grill it, pickle it, liquify it, freeze it or just plain chop it up and mix it with pretty much anything your heart desires. Equally fabulous in soups, salads, main dishes and desserts, watermelon’s possibilities really are endless.
So where to begin? We’ve chosen our 10 favorite watermelon recipes for you to try this summer:
- Watermelon Salad photo: Fifteen Spatulas
- Watermelon Pico de Gallo photo: The Pioneer Woman
- Watermelon Soup photo: Bren Herrera
- Pickled Watermelon Rind photo: Stella Culinary
- Grilled Watermelon photo: Organic Authority
- Watermelon Jelly photo: Local Kitchen
- Steak Taco photo: Food Blogga
- Shrimp Salad photo: iVillage
- Watermelon Fizz photo: Dinners, Dishes & Desserts
- Watermelon Granita photo: Inside Storey