Through the Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (C.F.A.P.), government-funded grants have been made available to food banks and community organizations to help provide much needed food to those in need. From Monday, July 20, through Thursday, July 23, the American Dairy Association North East (ADANE) is working with milk processor Harrisburg Dairies, Cocoa Packs and Harrisburg Police Bureau to facilitate the distribution of more than 4,000 gallons of milk through local drive-thru events for Harrisburg and Hershey residents.
There are a number of pick-up locations, and each has different operating hours, so please read the details closely!
- Cocoa Packs: Hershey Middle School, 500 Homestead Rd., Hershey, PA: Monday, July 20, from 10:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Falcon Packs: Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church, 100 W. Main St., Hummelstown, PA: Monday, July 20 from 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 5 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Middletown Area School District, 215 Oberlin Rd., Middletown, PA: Monday, July 20 at 11 a.m.
- John Harris High School, 2451 Market St., Harrisburg, PA: Tuesday, July 21 from 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Foose Elementary School, 1301 Sycamore St., Harrisburg, PA: Tuesday, July 21 from 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- The Boys and Girls Club of Harrisburg, 1227 Berryhill St., Harrisburg, PA: Tuesday, July 21 from 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Palmyra Area School District – 1125 Park Dr., Palmyra, PA” Wednesday, July 22 from 3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Central Dauphin East High School,626 Rutherford Rd., Harrisburg, PA: Thursday, July 23 from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Swatara Middle School, 1101 Highland St., #1506, Harrisburg, PA: Thursday, July 23 from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Here’s how it works: To ensure the safety and health of all involved in the distribution, there will be a drive-thru distribution process. All drivers and passengers must remain in their vehicles and will be prompted to open their trunk to receive milk. If cars do not have a trunk, they will be prompted to open their window to receive milk. Walk-ups will not be permitted. Each car will receive two gallons of milk, while supplies last.
During the month of June, ADANE collaborated with dairy companies and local community groups to distribute more than 200,000 gallons of milk. In July, ADANE is expecting to facilitate the distribution of another 200,000 gallons of milk. We hope this is helpful info for anyone who may be looking for food assistance!
- Feature photo: Dish Works