This comforting, hearty stew pulls from the freezer (fish filets and spinach) and the cupboard (canned potatoes and tomato soup). Try it for lunch or dinner with a spinach salad or microwave cornbread! Bonus: It’s dairy- and meat-free!
Fish and Tomato Stew
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 min||20 min||25 min|
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16-ounce) package of frozen white fish filets, thawed
- 1 (16-ounce) package of frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole new potatoes, chopped
- 2 (10-ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, or 1 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add in onion and garlic and cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in fish filets and spinach and cook, breaking apart into chunks with a spoon until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes, soup and 1 cup of water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until fish is fully cooked, about 8-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Top with parsley (if using) and serve.
- Photo and recipe: Dish Works