A cold drink on a hot day is one of life’s small pleasures. But, it’s a bummer when whatever’s in your glass gets watered down by melting ice cubes. That’s why we love this clever recipe from the folks at Humankind Beverages, a Lancaster, PA-based company that makes tasty organic iced teas and lemonades, and then donates a portion of profits to help provide clean drinking water to those in need! As these lemonade cubes melt, they infuse your drink with more delicious local fruit flavor, so you can enjoy every last sip.
Humankind Herbal Fruit Lemonade Ice Cubes
|24 ice cubes|
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 min||0 min||5 min|
You will need two clean, empty ice cube trays for this recipe.
- Fresh PA strawberries
- Fresh PA blueberries
- Fresh local mint leaves
- Fresh local basil leaves
- Humankind Organic Lemonade
- In the well of each ice cube tray, place one or two berries plus herb leaves. We like the combination of strawberry and basil, and blueberry and mint, but you can mix and match as you please.
- Fill each cube with Humankind Organic Lemonade to the top. Freeze.
- Add the lemonade cubes to a glass of cold lemonade, iced tea or water for an infusion of flavor.
- Recipe: Humankind Beverages
- Photo: Dish Works