Your new favorite lunch setup looks something like this: a big cutting board or platter, loaded with ripe PA tomatoes, thick cut bacon, shredded romaine, hearty slices of country wheat bread and any other fixings you think belong on a BLT. Instead of assembling the sandwiches for everyone, set this abundant platter out for your guests, then let your guests put together their own customized BLT!
To keep it PA-proud, try the following ingredients:
Fill out and complete the board by adding your favorite local pickles (or make your own!), crocks of mayo and mustard, sliced avocado and a side of chips!
Pennsylvania BLT Lunch Board
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|15 min||0 min||15 min|
- 1 pound PA bacon, cooked
- 3 pounds PA tomatoes, sliced
- 1 head PA lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mustard
- 3 medium local or homemade pickles, sliced
- 8 slices of local bread, lightly toasted
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced
- Chips or pretzels, to taste
- On a large, clean cutting board or platter, arrange the bacon, lettuce and tomatoes. Place the sliced bread alongside, and fill in any gaps with condiments, pickles and chips.
- Recipe and photo: Dish Works