If you, like us, believe that melt-y, gooey, silky cheese is one of life’s great pleasures, bookmark this Troegenator Beer Cheese Fondue recipe for your next game-day gathering, dinner party, or anytime you’re feeling a wee bit indulgent. This awesome snack is made with a limited-edition collaboration cheese between Caputo Brothers Creamery, Tröegs Independent Brewing and Giant Food Markets and Troegenator, a thick, luscious double bock with notes of caramel, chocolate and dried stone fruit. Together, they make a winning team, just like the three homegrown companies joining forces on this special cheese that’s helping to save PA dairy farms (more on that here)!
Troegenator Beer Cheese Fondue
- 250 grams Troegenator Double Bock beer
- 300 grams Troegenator Beer Cheese (exclusively available at Giant-Martin’s Food stores)
- 200 grams of Caputo Brothers Creamery Mozzarella Curd
- 10 grams of Sodium Citrate (natural sour salt harvested from citrus; we prefer to use Modern Pantry brand)
- Grate the Troegenator Beer Cheese into a bowl.
- Crumble the Mozzarella Curd into the bowl with the grated beer cheese.
- Gently mix the two cheeses together by hand.
- Combine Troegenator beer with sodium citrate in a pot over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Using a whisk and stirring constantly, slowly add the cheeses into the beer until the cheese begins to melt and starts to form the fondue.
- Optional: For a smoother texture, remove the fondue from heat and use an immersion blender for a few minutes.
- Fondue can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week, simply reheat and stir.