In traditional nachos, tortilla chips are the vessels for tasty toppings, like chips and beans. In our healthy, fruity “nachos,” apples do the same job. Each crunchy slice of apple delivers lightly sweetened yogurt, berries, crushed nuts and raisins in a tidy little package that’s absolutely loaded with flavor! Try this for a light breakfast, or anytime you need a fun snack.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 min||0 min||10 min|
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon syrup
- 3 large apples, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries, such as blueberries, raspberries or blackberries
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/4 cup crushed nuts, such as walnuts or peanuts
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt and syrup.
- Place apple slices on a plate. Drizzle with yogurt mixture and top with berries, raisins (if using) and nuts. Serve and enjoy.
Thanks to GIANT Food Stores, which has partnered with PA Eats to help create recipes for our Nourish PA and Nourish PA for Kids series.
- Photos and recipe: Dish Works