If you’ve got a loaf of bread past its prime kicking around, try this recipe for microwave mug French toast! A cool thing about French toast, in general, is that stale bread actually makes it better, because it’s extra absorbent of the tasty cinnamon, egg and milk mixture. This comes together in just eight minutes, which makes it a convenient option for busy school mornings!
Microwave Mug French Toast
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 min||3 min||8 min|
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices stale whole wheat bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons fresh or frozen blueberries (optional)
- Syrup, for serving
- Coat a small microwave-safe mugs with nonstick cooking spray. Add milk, egg, cinnamon and salt and beat with a fork to combine. Fold in bread until coated.
- Microwave on high, for 2-3 minutes until set. Top with blueberries (if using) and syrup. Serve and enjoy.
Thanks to GIANT Food Stores, which has partnered with PA Eats to help create recipes for our Nourish PA and Nourish PA for Kids series.
- Photo and recipe: Dish Works