Just because you need a meal in a hurry doesn’t mean it can’t be healthy and delicious! If you’ve got 10 minutes and a microwave, you can make this chicken and broccoli dish. The simple sauce is a combo of soy sauce, honey and garlic powder — if you prefer a spicy kick to your food, feel free to mix in a drizzle of hot sauce, a sprinkle of dried chili flakes, or a dash of cayenne pepper!
Microwave Chicken and Broccoli
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 min||5 min||10 min|
- 1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1 (5-ounce) can chunk chicken breasts, drained
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley, or 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl combine broccoli and 1 teaspoon water. Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken, soy sauce, honey and garlic powder and mix to coat.
- Microwave on high for an additional 1-2 minutes until broccoli is tender. Top with parsley (if using) and serve.
Thanks to GIANT Food Stores, which has partnered with PA Eats to help create recipes for our Nourish PA and Nourish PA for Kids series.
- Photo and recipe: Dish Works