If you’re looking for something besides PB&J to make for lunch for your little ones, try these mango chicken salad pinwheels! They only require six ingredients, and kids will love the combo of salty and sweet. The fun shape is easy for even the smallest hands to manage, and they pack up nicely for snacking on the go.
Mango Chicken Salad Pinwheels
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 min||0 min||10 min|
To learn how to properly cut a fresh mango, see our helpful how-to video.
- 1 (12.5-ounce) can chunk chicken breasts, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks, thawed, or 1 small mango, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt, or mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, or 2 teaspoons dried chives (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- In a large bowl, mix chicken, mango, yogurt, relish and green onion (if using) together until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread a heaping 1/4 cup of chicken mixture evenly over tortillas.
- Roll up each tortilla and place seam-side-down on cutting board.
- Cut tortillas into 1 1/2-inch-thick pinwheels. Serve and enjoy.
Thanks to GIANT Food Stores, which has partnered with PA Eats to help create recipes for our Nourish PA and Nourish PA for Kids series.
- Recipe and photo: Dish Works