Chicken breasts are often served alongside roasted or steamed vegetables, but if you’re looking for something a little different, try this tasty recipe! Fresh grape relish, perked up with thyme, honey and vinegar, makes a sweet-tart topping that perfectly plays off of juicy balsamic chicken. Any leftover relish is a tasty addition to chicken salad or any kind of snack plate.
Balsamic Chicken with Red Grape Relish
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 3 cups chopped seedless red grapes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, or apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil. Stir balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons honey and oil together in small bowl. Place chicken in prepared baking dish. Pour balsamic vinegar mixture over chicken.
- Bake, flipping chicken halfway through, until balsamic mixture thickens and chicken is fully cooked, or until meat thermometer reads 165°F, about 30-35 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, combine grapes, remaining honey, red wine vinegar and thyme together in a small bowl.
- Top chicken with grape mixture and serve.