You might think of cucumber sandwiches as a dainty snack for a tea party, but they’re yummy anytime! They make a great alternative to PB&J for lunch, which is helpful if you’re in a nut-free school, day care or camp.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 min||0 min||10 min|
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon dried dill, or dried chives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 slices white or whole wheat bread
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and dill together until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Coat one side of each bread slice with 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture. Evenly divide cucumber between 2 bread slices, cream cheese-side-up. Top with remaining bread slices, cream cheese-side-down.
- Cut into triangles and serve.
Thanks to GIANT Food Stores, which has partnered with PA Eats to help create recipes for our Nourish PA and Nourish PA for Kids series.
- Photo and recipe: Dish Works