When pizza cravings strike, they strike hard! Next time that happens, try these healthy (and easy!) pizza toasts instead of super-processed frozen pizza. The base of the pizza is really up to you: It can be sliced bread, bagels, English muffins, rolls or anything else you have on hand. The toppings can also be customized, if you prefer other veggies instead of broccoli and peppers. This is your pizza creation, so make it your favorite way!
Veggie Pizza Toast
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 min||8 min||18 min|
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, or 2 English muffins or 2 bagels, split in half
- 1 small bell pepper, seeded and roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed, or 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spread roughly 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce evenly over each bread slice. Top bread slices with 1 tablespoon of mozzarella cheese. Evenly divide peppers and broccoli between bread slices.
- Transfer pizzas to prepared baking sheet. Bake until vegetables are tender and cheese is melted, about 5-8 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
Thanks to GIANT Food Stores, which has partnered with PA Eats to help create recipes for our Nourish PA and Nourish PA for Kids series.
- Photo and recipe: Dish Works