Cinnamon and apples together are one of those food combinations that always feel so cozy. This quick and easy recipe (which uses the microwave instead of the stove!) lets you enjoy the comforting flavor of apple pie any time you’re in the mood. We love these apples spooned over plain yogurt, or as an ice cream topping for dessert.
Microwave Cinnamon Apples
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 min||5 min||10 min|
- 1 large apple, cored and sliced, or 2 cups frozen sliced apples
- 2 teaspoons honey or syrup (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, or vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
- In a microwave-safe mug combine apples, 2 teaspoons water, honey (if using) and cinnamon. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 3-5 minutes until apples are tender.
- Serve apples over yogurt or ice cream (if using) and enjoy.
Thanks to GIANT Food Stores, which has partnered with PA Eats to help create recipes for our Nourish PA and Nourish PA for Kids series.
- Photo and recipe: Dish Works