A hearty, protein-packed breakfast without having to turn on the oven? Now that’s what we call a great way to start the day! These microwave omelets use the classic combo of ham and cheese and just take a couple of minutes to cook up into a fluffy, savory meal. Serve with toast or an English muffin, or just all on their own!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 min||2 min||7 min|
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk or half & half (optional)
- 4 slices deli ham, torn into bite-size pieces
- 4 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley, or 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
- Coat two small microwave-safe mugs with nonstick cooking spray. Add eggs and milk (if using) and beat with a fork to combine. Stir in ham and cheddar until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Microwave on low, in 30 second increments, stirring between each increment until egg mixture is set, about 2 minutes. Top with parsley (if using) and serve.
Thanks to GIANT Food Stores, which has partnered with PA Eats to help create recipes for our Nourish PA and Nourish PA for Kids series.
- Photo and recipe: Dish Works