Somewhere between a cereal bar and a granola bar, these snack-y treats borrow flavors from everyone’s favorite sandwich: peanut butter and jelly! Whip up a batch next time you need a satisfying nibble, or even as a grab-and-go breakfast. The best part is you don’t even need to turn on the oven — you can cook these right in the microwave!
Microwave PB&J Oatmeal Bars
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 min||6 min||11 min|
- 1 cup jam, such as strawberry, blackberry, or peach
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup peanuts, crushed (optional)
- Grease a 8×8-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine jam and peanut butter. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes until hot. Fold in oats until combined.
- Transfer oat mixture into prepared baking dish and press into an even layer. Press peanuts into oat mixture. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes until set. Cut into 9 squares. Store refrigerated in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Thanks to GIANT Food Stores, which has partnered with PA Eats to help create recipes for our Nourish PA and Nourish PA for Kids series.
- Recipe and photo: Dish Works