Romaine lettuce makes the perfect vessel for tuna or chicken salad! Simply remove the large leaves from the base of the head of lettuce, rinse and dry them, and you’ve got sturdy, crunchy cups to try in place of bread or crackers.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|15 min||0 min||15 min|
- 2 (5-ounce) cans of tuna or chicken, drained
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 1 small head of romaine lettuce
- In large mixing bowl, combine canned tuna or chicken with mayonnaise and plain Greek yogurt.
- Add salt and black pepper, if using, and stir together. Place mixing bowl in refrigerator for 10 minutes to chill. While waiting, pull off leaves from romaine lettuce, rinse and dry off with a paper towel.
- Remove chilled mixture from refrigerator, then divide mixture between lettuce cups equally and enjoy right away.
Our partners at Feeding PA asked us to expand our Nourish PA recipe & video series to include fun, healthy, easy-to-make snacks and meals geared toward kids. Focusing on fresh produce and pantry staples, we developed these family-friendly recipes that school-aged children can prepare for themselves, with minimal knife work and no need to turn on the stove or oven. Encourage your children to develop kitchen confidence this year, using our Nourish PA for Kids series as a great starting point!
- Recipe & photo: Dish Works