Switch up your lunch routine! Sturdy, crunchy toaster waffles hold in tasty sandwich fillings better than bread, and won’t go soggy if you take it to-go or make a few for the week!
Savory Waffle Sandwich
|Makes 1 sandwich|
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 min||1 min||6 min|
- 2 toaster waffles
- 4 slices sliced turkey or ham
- 2 slices of Swiss, American or cheddar cheese
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1/2 tomato, sliced
- Mayonnaise and mustard, to taste (optional)
- Toast waffles until crisp and place on a cutting board. Spread mayo and mustard on each waffle, if using mayo and/or mustard.
- Add sliced turkey or ham and cheese to one waffle, and top with lettuce and tomato.
- Put the second waffle on top. Cut in half and enjoy.
Our partners at Feeding PA asked us to expand our Nourish PA recipe & video series to include fun, healthy, easy-to-make snacks and meals geared toward kids. Focusing on fresh produce and pantry staples, we developed these family-friendly recipes that school-aged children can prepare for themselves, with minimal knife work and no need to turn on the stove or oven. Encourage your children to develop kitchen confidence this year, using our Nourish PA for Kids series as a great starting point!
- Recipe & photo: Dish Works