Capture the fresh flavor of just-picked local apples with this enticing cocktail. Apple cider, lemon juice and apple butter create a sweet, lively backdrop for the pleasant warmth of apple brandy and Pennsylvania apple wine.
Makes 1 cocktail
- For rim: Pennsylvania apple cider, plus granulated sugar and ground sage
- 1.5 ounces apple brandy
- 0.75 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 0.5 ounce Pennsylvania apple wine
- 1 teaspoon Pennsylvania apple butter
- 1 ounce apple cider
Mix sugar and ground sage together and spread across a flat plate.
Dip the edge of a coupe glass into apple cider, and then press gently into the sugar and sage mixture to create a rim around the glass.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add the brandy, lemon juice, apple wine, apple butter and apple cider.
Shake vigorously and strain into the prepared coupe glass.
- Video and photo: Dish Works