Perhaps you’ve seen chocolate-covered potato chips — the arguable pinnacle of sweet-meets-savory deliciousness — on display or bagged up at your local candy shop. We’ve got a little secret for you: They’re so easy to make at home! Try our method and enjoy these Hershey’s® Chocolate-Dipped Utz® Potato Chips, a new party snack that will always be a hit.
Hershey’s Chocolate-Dipped Utz Potato Chips
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|5 min||5 min||10 min|
- 1 (12-ounce) bag Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 bag Utz Wavy Original Potato Chips
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted almonds
- Fill a medium pot with 1” water and bring to simmer over medium-low heat. Once water is simmering, place heat-safe bowl on top of pot and add chocolate chips.
- Using a rubber spatula, slowly stir chocolate as it melts. When chocolate is fully melted, stir in coconut oil until well-incorporated. Remove chocolate from heat and allow to cool for 1 minute.
- Working with one full chip at a time, dip halfway into chocolate and allow excess to run off. Set on parchment-lined baking sheet and sprinkle chocolate-covered half with almonds. Repeat with remaining full-sized chips.
- Refrigerate chips for 10 minutes to set chocolate. Alternatively, chips can sit at room temperature for 2 hours to set.
- Photo and recipe: Dish Works